Education & Engagement: Cecilia String Quartet
The members of the Cecilia String Quartet are passionate about educating the next generation of chamber music lovers. They believe in the ability of music to enrich and strengthen the minds of listeners in ways that will benefit them in all aspects of life and learning.
This passion has led the CSQ to create several educational outreach presentations, which are found at the bottom of this page, along with materials that have been developed by Debut Atlantic.
Before visiting the outreach files, why not take a few moments to “meet” the quartet!
- Meet Min-Jeong Koh, 1st violin.
- Meet Sarah Nematallah, 2nd violin.
- Meet Caitlin Boyle, viola.
- Caitlin on her decision to become a professional musician.
- Rachel tells us what music she would bring to a desert island.
- Sarah tells us about her non-musical influences.
- Min talks about the challenges of touring.
- Sarah tells us what makes a great audience.
- Caitlin tells us what she does to relax.
- Sarah tells us what she thinks it would take to make classical music popular like sports.
- Caitlin talks about her days without music.
- The group tells us about the challenges of ensemble playing.
- The group tells us about the rewards of ensemble playing.
- The artists discuss their musical roots.
- The Quartet shares how they approach group decisions.
- The artists talk about healthy living.
- Rachel says farewell.
Outreach Programs & Education Materials